Monday 21 November 2016

Coursework proposal: Update

The idea behind my music video, following on from my research investigation of the representation is to try subvert the representation of women through the common theme of dancing (used in both Blurred Lines and Carry Out of my specific references)

Two of my friends from high school were part of the BGT 2015 finalist and World Champions dance group of Entity of Unity Academy.


 

I plan to have the twins dressed in 'masculine clothing' i.e hoodies and oversized tracksuits etc, dancing in different locations to a remix of 'This is a Man's World' by James Brown. 

At the end of the video the girls will remove their hoods and reveal that they are actually female, therefore subverting the stereotypes of both men and music videos, and showing that women can be assets and features in music videos without having to be sexualised.

No comments:

Post a Comment